Cathedral of Segovia
Autumn - Winter: from 9:00 to 18:00. Spring - Summer: from 9:00 to 19:00.
It is called "the Lady of cathedrals". It was the last Gothic cathedral built in Spain.
Built at the highest point of the town, construction of the cathedral of Segovia began in the year 1525, during the reign of Carlos V. It is in the late Gothic style and was built after the fire in the old Romanesque cathedral in the year 1520. It has a plan with three naves, lateral chapels and a semicircular sanctuary with an ambulatory. The temple, erected according to the design of Juan Gil de Hontañón, possessed three entrances: in the main front is the "Del Perdón" Door, the work of Juan Guas, in the southern front are the "San Geroteo" and "San Frutos" Doors. It measures 105 metres long by 50 metres wide and 33 metres high at the main nave. The main reredos is made of marble, jasper and bronze. It was consecrated in the year 1768.
Source: Web server of Instituto de Turismo de España, TURESPAÑA.