Andalucian calendar of festivities
- 6 THE PROCESSION OF THE THREE KINGS: Throughout Andalucía.
- 17 SAN ANTÓN (MÁLAGA): Every horse owner decorates his or her m0ounts for the procession.
- 25 BENDICTION OF THE HORSES (JÉREZ- CÁDIZ): Tradition of the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art of Jerez.
- 2 CANDLEMAS (ALHAURÍN DE LA TORRE- MÁLAGA): Burning of the puppets the day before and traditional early- rising procession with the offering of bread in the form of a ring.
- 24-28 WEEK OF THE VILLAGES (EL BURGO- MÁLAGA): Form February 24th to 28th."Andalucía Universal Village".
- 27 TO MARCH 9 CARNIVAL (CÁDIZ): Competition for groups, street musicians, chorus, quartets and satirical songs in the Falla Theatre.
- 1-31 GOLDEN CENTURY THEATRE WORKSHOPS (ALMERÍA): Tirso de Molina, Lope de Vega, Calderón de la Barca...
- 1-31 OLD- TIME MUSIC FESTIVAL (SEVILLA).
- 21 AXARQUÍA DAY (VÉLEZ- MÁLAGA - MÁLAGA): The death of Christian troops in 1483 is commemorated in the Cútar Mountains.
- 1-30 INTERNATIONAL BULL FAIR (SEVILLA).
- 17-18 HOLY WEEK: Throughout Andalucía.
- 27 FEAST OF THE CROSS (VÉLEZ-MÁLAGA).
- 27 FEAST OF THE VIRGEN DE LA CABEZA (ANDUJAR- JAÉN): Free black pudding and Moscatel wine is distributed.
- END OF APRIL, THE APRIL FAIR (SEVILLA): In April, a magical spring- like month, the so- called Seville April Fair begins, the most magnificent and famous of its kind, throughout the length and breadth of Andalucía, the event taking place from springtime and well into autumn. The party begins each year with the magical and characteristic switching on of lights which brings everything to life, and the crowd at typical houses where groups come together as friends. Gypsies and bullfighters on horseback pass through the fairground and dry sherry is drunk everywhere. The ritual powerfully beckons the visitor's attention. This tourist attraction has crossed frontiers and hundreds of people visit the fair each year from all around the world coming to see the wonders of the party mixed with ?????u???a?º??bullfighting evenings at Seville's Maestranza. The most representative Andalusian folklore is present at the April Fair, gipsy costumes are an exhibition in themselves, the Andalusian horses, singing and dancing.
- 3-10 MAY CROSSES (CÓRDOBA).
- 1-31 INTERNATIONAL MUSIC AND DANCE FESTIVAL (ÚBEDA- JAÉN): Incomparable setting for opera, jazz, flamenco.
- 15 SAN ISIDRO FESTIVALS (PERIANA- MÁLAGA).
- 15 PILGRIMAGES TO THE CAVES (NERJA- ROMERÍA).
- CÓRDOBA FAIR.
- EL ROCÍO PILGRIMAGE (ALMONTE- HUELVA).
- 31 SPRING FAIR (ANTEQUERA- MÁLAGA).
- FESTIVAL OF STREET THEATRE (MÁLAGA).
- 5 ANNIVERSARY OF LORCA´S BIRTH (FUENTEVAQUEROS- GRANADA).
- 7-14 SAN BERNABÉ FESTIVALS (MARBELLA- MÁLAGA).
- PILGRIMAGE OF THE GYPSIES (CABRA- CÓRDOBA).
- 24 ST. ST. JOHN ´S DAY. THROUGHOUT ANDALUCÍA.
- CORPUS CHRISTI (BENALMÁDENA- MÁLAGA).
- 1-31 INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF MUSIC AND DANCE (GRANADA).
- THE TOWER OF SONG FESTIVAL (ALHAURÍN DE LA TORRE- MÁLAGA).
- 15 VIRGEN DEL CARMEN FESTIVALS (THROUGHOUT COSTA DEL SOL- MÁLAGA): The Feasts of Carmen are celebrated throughout Andalucía. The floral offering to the Virgin is tumultuous all over the coast and the procession is different to the others as it is celebrated in the sea. The fisherman's Virgin brings together all her followers who bring the statue up from the bottom of the sea and the water with their boats and dusk. The low tide fills up with flowers and incense and the fishermen transmit a noisy, colourful joy. Many people go to the beach to observe the gastronomic show featuring wine and typical Andalusian food, which will end at night with promises, supplications and prayers to the Virgin of the Sea amid a backdrop of brilliant fireworks.
- NO FIXED DATE THE CAVE FESTIVAL (NERJA- MÁLAGA).
- NO FIXED DATE THE INTERNATIONAL GUITAR FESTIVAL (CÓRDOBA).
- 26 FEAST OF SANTA ANA (SALARES- MÁLAGA).
- 28-31 AJOBLANCO FESTIVAL (ALMÁCHAR- MÁLAGA).
- 4-5 MOORS AND CHRISTIANS (BENALAURÍA- MÁLAGA)
- 5-9 ÁLORA FESTIVAL (ÁLORA- MÁLAGA).
- 14-15 PILGRIMAGE TO THE SANCTUARY OF THE VIRGEN DE GRACIA (ARCHIDONA- MÁLAGA).
- 14-22 AUGUST FAIR (MÁLAGA): Notably the centre Fair, the bullfights in La Malagueta and the fairground.
- ALL MONTH CANTE GRANDE FESTIVAL (RONDA- MÁLAGA): In the courtyard of the Castillo College. SEPTEMBER.
- 28 WORLD TOURISM DAY (COSTA DEL SOL- ANDALUCÍA).
- SAN MIGUEL FAIR (VÉLEZ MÁLAGA- MÁLAGA): Fandango and verdiales competitions, livestock fair, dancing, regattas at Torre del Mar.
- ALL MONTH LA VENDIMIA FESTIVAL (MANILVA- MÁLAGA AND MONTILLA- CÓRDOBA): First grape juice of the year.
- BEGINNING OF THE MONTH EXPLOSIVA (JAÉN).
- PILAR FESTIVAL (VILLANUEVA DE TAPIA- MÁLAGA).
- NO FIXED DATE MARBELLA CINEA FESTIVAL (MARBELLA- MÁLAGA).
- END OF THE MONTH FESTIVAL OF GRAPE JUICE (ATAJE- MÁLAGA): Visitor tasting of the year's first wine.
- NO FIXED DATE IBEROAMERICAN CINEMA FESTIVAL (HUELVA).
- FIRST FEW DAYS OF THE MONTH INTERNATIONAL JAZZ FESTIVAL (CERVANTES THEATRE- MÁLAGA).
- 30 LOS ZAMBOMBEOS (ISTÁN- MÁLAGA): Neighbours come together to sing Christmas carols with drums and mortars.
- 7-8 CANDLEMAS (San Marcos CAVES).
- THE SUNDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS DAY OF THE CRUMBS (TORROX- MÁLAGA): Exhibition of craft, typical products, folk dances, etc.
- 25 CHRISTMAS (ALL ANDALUCÍA).
- 28 THE GREAT VERDIALES FESTIVAL (MÁLAGA).
- 31 NEW YEAR´S EVE (THROUGHOUT ANDALUCÍA).