Mare de DÚu dels ┴ngels Parish Church:
the Mare de DÚu dels ┴ngels Parish Church is the building around which the town of Pollenša grew from the XIIIth century, with the catalan conquest of Mallorca. The Parish was founded in 1236 and handed over to the Knights of the Order of the Temple by was abolished the Parish was ruled by another military order, the Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem, until the XIXth century, when lost of properties were disentailed and many other religious orders were cloistered. The existing parish building was built during the XVIIIth century (1714- 1790); it is a construction of basilical floor. The high altar is dedicated to the Virgin Mary, patron Saint of the town.
Saint Domingo┤s Cloister:
the church is of a basilical floor design with side chapels and the choir at the base. The Dominicans began its construction in 1558. The conventual enclosure stands out, a baroque cloister of regular design, surrounded by portico style corridors with half point arches ober jonic columns. The church has ten lateral chapels each of them decorated with an altarpiece of the age. The "Nostra Senyora el rosary" altarpiece presides over the church (1651- 62), with an image of the XVth century of the "Roser- Vell", from Joan Antoni Oms.
Joan March Gardens:
In the centre of the village, next to Saint Domingo┤s Cloister, there are some gardens with excellent examples of native vegetation. A Medieval tower remains there belonging to a grand house located in the same place.
Monti- sion. Saint Ignasi┤s School:
Built on the slope of the Calvari┤s mountain there is the impressive Saint Ignasi┤s School, built between 1698 and 1738. Monti- sion, as the whole building is popularly known, is formed by a church and a cloister. Nowadays this building is occupied by the Town Council and a school. The church is of basilical floor design with lateral chaples. Although the creator of the design of the building is not known, the architect Joan d┤Aragˇ, was responsible for the works from 1723 and the designer of the inside decoration of baroque style.
The Roser Vell church has its origin in the XIVth century, here the Virgin of the "Rosari" was worshiped. The church is of basilical floor design with lateral chapels. Between 1500 and 1525 the two first lateral chapels dedicated to the Virgins of "Remei" and "Dolors", were destroyed. In 1541 the other two lateral chapels were built. At the end of the XIXth century Roser Vell was restored and acquired its current aspect. Next to the church there is the house of the donor, where a round main door decorated with diamond ends can be seen, which comes from a house of the town.
Saint Jordi┤s church was built during the XVIth century in the outskirts of the town, facing the sea. The place was not chosen in an arbitrary way. It was the departure point of the people from Pollenša to the coasts when pirates were approaching the town. Nowadays the church is of basilical floor design and has a lateral chapel, opened in 1770, dedicated to Saint "Marcial". The presbytery is rectangular and decorated with a baroque style altarpiece done by the sculptor Rafel Torres in 1653. The altarpiece is presided over by a figure of the Virgin known as the Sea Virgin, to remind that the image was found in Cala Ariant in the XVIIth century.
At the top of this little mountain with the same name there is a little church built between 1795-99. The floor design is slightly elliptical with a semicircular apse. To arrive to the church there is a big staircase of 365 steps from where you can see a wonderful view over Pollenša. Inside the church there is a sculpted group of the crucified Christ with the Virgin at his feet, from the XIVth century.
An old bridge, used to cross Saint Jordi┤s torrent. Nowadays it is known by the name of Roman Bridge.
Puig de Maria:
A sanctuary located at 330 metres, at the foot of the town, chapel, tower and walls., everything built between XIVth and XVth centuries. The gothic style predominates. The church is of one nave and preserves a popular image of the Virgin from the XIVth century. It was an important monastery and it was abandoned for a long time. Through this sanctuary there have been hermits, donors and religious orders. It has a path of stones from the XVIIth century. It is recommended to do the journey on foot.
"Alzineret" Caves (Sant Vicenš):
A prehistoric group of caves known from long ago. Nowadays there are seven funerary artificial caves if a bigger group. They were built around 1600 b.C. and belong to a culture known in Mallorca as the Pretalaiotic. They are a protected group and can be visited freely.
Built at the top of a mountain of 380 metres high from where you can see a marvellous view of Pollenša┤s bay and Formentor┤s peninsula. The defence watchtower wqas built in the XVIth century as part of the defence system of Mallorca against the pirates.