MAESTRANZA MUSEUM (BULLRING)
Built by Vincent San Martín in 1761. It is one
of the oldest bullrings in Spain. The bullring and the
adjacent buildings form an almost triangular block. The
construct of the ring forms an irregular polygon arch,
both in the exterior as well as the exterior - a consequence
of work carried out throughout 120 years.
A typical characteristic of the Seville bullring is that
is not totally circular, but slightly ovoid.
Inside the ring, we can find the Prince's balcony, made
by Cayetano Acosta.
Before the construction of this ring, events were held
in plaza de San Francisco.
At its side is the seat of the Real Maestranza de Caballería
(Royal Riding Club) built by Aníbal González
in 1929. This is the owner of the bullring. It is a nobility
organization that has its origins in the times of the
Reconquest and was reorganized in the 17th century.
The bullfighting season of begins on Easter Sunday and
finishes in September.
Address: Paseo de Cristóbal Colón, 12